Donna Adams Mahaffey Scholarship Qualification Criteria for 2021-2022
Thank you for your interest in applying for the Donna Adams Mahaffey Scholarship. The Scholarship Selection Committee will award four students with $2,500.00 schoalrships (four students from either Riverwood International High School and/or North Springs High School) who meet the below requirements.
- Attend one of the two public high schools in Sandy Springs, GA (Riverwood International or North Springs High School)
- Be a senior, and have been enrolled and currently attending Riverwood or North Springs High School for at least 2 years (includes senior year)
- Have completed the FAFSA form.
- Be a US Citizen or have Permanent Resident Alien Status
- Provide a social security number, if requested
- Plan to enroll for the 2021 summer or fall semester at an accredited NON-PROFIT technical, 2 year or 4 year public college or public university in the state of Georgia. (Please refer to the following web site for a list of the non-profit (i) public technical, associate degree, and (ii) public 4-year colleges and universities which are in the University System of Georgia: https://www.gafutures.org/college-planning/college-search/state-of-georgia-colleges/. To receive the Scholarship, the applicant must attend one of the technical, associate degree, or 4-year colleges and universities listed on this web site.)
- Register to take a minimum of 6 credit hours or more
- Have a current cumulative, High School numeric average of at least 79 out of 100 or better
- If applicant is under 18 years of age, have parent/guardian sign consent form
- If applicant is 18 years of age or older, sign consent form
- Have two (2) personalized letters of recommendation from non-relative individuals (employer, teacher, religious leader, etc.)
- Write an essay of 500 words or less on (i) why you have a need for financial aid, and (ii) why you want to continue your education.
- Complete the application and consent form
- Be willing to participate in an interview, if required
- Be willing to attend a few Civic Fund events with the other awardees
Additional information can be sent via email, fax or mailed to:
The Donna Adams Mahaffey Scholarship
c/o Sandy Springs Perimeter Civic Fund
Attention: Brittany Hendler
6 Concourse Parkway, Suite 1725
Sandy Springs, GA 30328
Fax: 678.443.2993 (Attention: Brittany Hendler)