The Women's Business Network provides a forum for women in business to form relationships with their peers, provide an educational platform, give back to the community and be a source for professional women to be mentored. The Women's Business Network focus is on the areas of Networking, Community, Education and Mentorship.
Participate in one of our 2018 events:
Women's Business Network Luncheons / After Hours Events
January 16th, March 20th, May 15th, August 21st, October 16th
Women of Distinction Award (Annual)
The Women's Business Network's Woman of Distinction Award is given to a woman in the local community who has demonstrated exceptional leadership through professional endeavors and community involvement, has generously shared her time and talents to demonstrate a sense of social responsibility, and has made a difference in Sandy Springs.
The Woman of Distinction Award is given annually at the Sandy Springs Perimeter Chamber's November luncheon.
2011 - Mayor Eva Galambos
2012 - Carolyn Axt
2013 - Irene Schweiger
2014 - Patty Voelz
2015 - Teri Cloud
2016 - Tisha Rosamond
2017 - Andrea Settles
Women's Business Network Mentoring Program -
Mentoring is a special partnership between two people based on commitment to the Mentoring process, common goals/expectations of the partnership, mutual trust and respect. Mentoring is both a “Get and Give” experience with the goal of providing a rich and rewarding experience for both partners. We ask you to share your information so the program manager can match you in a mentoring relationship. Both you and your recommended mentee will have the opportunity to agree to the pairing before you are assigned to work together.
Goals and Objectives
- - Provide a formal, professional mentoring program for young business women, 35 and under, to develop them professionally by seasoned and experienced business professional women
- Enable a confidential partnership between the mentor and mentee to discuss both professional and personal experiences and challenges
- Mentoring relationship is 12 months
- Mentors and mentees shall meet a minimum of once a month either face to face or via phone. Time of meeting should be 60-90 minutes
- Mentee is responsible for scheduling meetings
- The mentoring relationship exists between one individual in need of developmental guidance and another individual who is both capable and willing to provide that guidance
- The mentoring relationship represents an important developmental relationship for the mentee as it supports and facilitates her professional development
The commitment is for one year and the mentee / mentor is encouraged to meet at least once a month.
Women's Business Network Fashion Show (Annual)
The Annual Fashion show befits The Drake House & The Drake Closet. This year marks the 6th anniversary of the Fashion Show, and we invite you to Rock the Runway for The Drake House!
Join the Women's Business Network on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 from 5:30 - 9:30 PM at the UPS World Headquarters at 55 Glenlake Parkway NE for a night of celebration for a great cause! Food will be supplied by favorite local restaurants and Wine Bar provided by Jackson Family Wineries. Raffle tickets will be available at Chamber Events and at the Drake Closet in Sandy Springs - take home a glamourous prize!
The Drake House provides short-term crisis housing, education and empowerment programs for homeless single mothers and their children in North Metro Atlanta, designed to provide stability for the children and assist the family in working toward self-sufficiency.
The Drake Closet of Sandy Springs opened in late 2016 and features new and gently used ladies clothing, shoes, and accessories. Donations of women's clothing, shoes and accessories are accepted at stores during the week, and items are provided to mothers as needed. All sale proceeds go to support The Drake House.
Tickets for the 6th Annual Fashion Show are available NOW. Tickets are $35 and limited tables of 8 are available for $300. Sponsorship opportunities are also available!